Wednesday 14 October 2009

22 today

When I was seven, my teacher asked me, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" And I said, "I want to be an astronaut. I want to go to the moon". I'm not very good at science.

When I was nine, my uncle asked me, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" And I said, "I want to be a comedian. I want to make people laugh". I can't tell a joke.

When I was fourteen, I wanted to be a news reporter, because I want to look smart and travel all over the world. I went to University, studied media and communication, got a degree and I'm not a news reporter.

Everyone, including me wants success. I set goals and positive thinking and attitude to make my way to the top. In my life, all I want to do is to reach the day when I could shout to my mom, dad, sisters, uncles, aunts, cousins and friends, "Hey! Look at me! I did it!"

I heard somewhere that success is a continuous learning of strategy. When you do something long enough, you become very good at it. This process is accelerated when you follow someone who can guide you past common mistakes.

Since I started this "My Guide to Making You a Better Cook" project, Jamie has taught me how to cook the creamiest risotto; how to choose the riht cuts of meat; and the secret to make the most delicious pork chops.

I'm 22 today and still want to learn many things. I want to be able to make fresh pasta and learn how to prepare a live lobster. I want to be a better cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment