Saturday 24 October 2009

Molly and Me

Just watched 'Marley & Me' (again) and I cried my eyes out (again). What a great film, and an even better book, because it reminds me of Molly, my own puppy. Molly is my first pet. Well, my family had a dog before but I was too little to remember.

Molly was a present from my dad's friend about six years ago. When Molly first came to our house, I wasn't thrilled. She was loud and very demanding. We have to feed her (obviously), take her for walks, clean her mess and watch her every move. The first few months, the most popular sayings were 'Stop that!', 'that's enough!' or just 'MOLLY!!!'.

But over the time, she became a big part of our family. She likes to accompany my mom in the garden; eavesdrop to our conversation and she was the star at my sister's 'show and tell' at school. She is funny and she love papaya. Everybody in our neighbourhood knows Molly, hopefully for good reasons. I haven't seen Molly for the past couple of years and I missed her. My sister sends me updates every now and then, funny stories about her or when she was in trouble.

I love this quotes from 'Marley & Me' and it is certainly true: A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if you're rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his.

Anyway, yesterday I finally tackle the first recipe from the fish section of the book. I made pan-roasted salmon with purple sprouting broccoli and anchovy-rosemary Sauce which was delicious. The only thing that different was the sauce. Jamie's instruction to make the sauce is to use pestle and mortar, but I don't have one so I used food processor instead. It's finer than how it should be but still really good. Pestle and Mortar is definitely in my things-that-I-want list (this is a big hint hint for Christmas, my dear friends).

I spent this morning hunting for fresh live mussels to make real quick mussels spaghetti in a white wine and basil oil broth for tonight. After a quick journey to a neighbouring city, I finally got them. Yay! It's gonna be good. Plus tonight is also X-Factor night which makes it even better.

I'll tell you all about it later. And this is the very first picture of Molly. Did I mention that she also loves the camera?

1 comment:

  1. Awww she looks like such a darling!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

    ReplyDelete