Sunday 25 October 2009

Good eats

Yesterday's real quick mussels spaghetti in a white wine and basil oil broth was just amazing, especially the broth. Pasta with mussels is something that I like to order when eating out but never attempted to make at home. I can't believe it's so easy to make, not at all expensive and so much better than the restaurant version I had. It was very light, and again, the broth, oh... you've got to try it.


for dinner tonight I made whole baked cauliflower with tomato and olive sauce, accompanied with a simple roast lamb shoulder. Throughout the cooking process, my flat smelled like summer in the Mediterranean. I couldn't find good black olives this morning, and I used green olives instead (sorry Jamie, I hope it's ok. It's still very good).

It's day 55, recipe number 22 and the project continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment