Thursday 24 December 2009

Seasonal dinner #1

went really well. I had a great time cooking for some wonderful friends. And once again, I managed to almost stuffed my guests to death.

To start I made some finger food that consisted of brushetta with curried chicken and mango, goat's cheese and smoked salmon, and goat's cheese with onion marmalade. I also made my favourite cheesey garlic bread. I topped a generous amount of mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheese on the bread and then baked in the oven until all the cheeses has melted.

For the first course, I made fifteen Christmas salad which was easy enough to assemble at last minute; and it looked and tasted beautiful. Crunchy radicchio, peppery rocket and cool mint leaves, dressed with lemon dressing, and then wrapped in smoky prosciutto, on top of creamy buffalo mozzarella, and a scatter of sweet clementines, salty and rich parmesan shavings and sweet balsamic vinegar. It's Christmas on a plate.

For main, we had roasted chicken breasts wrapped in pancetta with leeks and thyme, and a side dish of creamy butternut squash. Yum!

Dessert was extra special. We had my orange panettone bread and butter pudding. This is definitely my favourite winter dessert. It's very comforting and it takes hardly any work to make which is a bonus for the hectic season. And to me, the scent of oranges just says Christmas all over. The pudding was served with lightly whipped orange cream. Heaven...

Tonight is another party with friends, I've done most of the cooking preparations and I'm ready for some more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment