Tuesday 19 January 2010

from the weekend

On Saturday, my new Le Creuset pot made its début with melt-in-you-mouth shin stew. And it's true, the meat literally melts in your mouth. Yum... Yes, the stew takes about a little over three hours to cook, but the thing with slow-cooking is there isn't a lot of work involve; that's if you define 'work' as tipping things to the pot and let the oven do the rest.

For something sweet, I made good old bread and butter pudding with a marmalade glaze and cinnamon and orange butter. Like many other bread and butter pudding recipe, it's nothing complicated. It was simply delicious, rich and very very very comforting.

Sunday was squid day. I bought whole squid and cleaned them myself for the first time with the instruction from the book. It's not hard at all and very rewarding. I used some of the squid to make Jamie's favourte crunchy squid with lime and chilli mayonnaise. YUM! My friend even said that it's better than the one we had at Jamie's restaurant. I was well chuffed!
And the rest of the squid was made into super squid linguine...

Pudding was coconut, banana and passion fruit pavlova. It was light and refreshing and delicious!

Yesterday, I used the leftover shin stew to make leftover stew risotto. I've been waiting for sometime to make this recipe and I love it. I'd definitely make this again if I have leftover stews.

Also went to the cinema yesterday to watch Avatar and If you have not seen the film, go and see it now. I'm telling you it's awesome!

Day 141, Recipe 66

224 days, 98 recipes to go. yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment