Monday 3 May 2010

Seafood Sunday

yesterday morning when I got up, I was so happy to still be alive after the meal I had on Saturday...

In the afternoon I made the nicest clam chowder, Essex girl style for supper. I've been looking forward to make this recipe and I was so excited when I found some fresh clams from the fishmonger. And it was out of this world.



And then it was time to prepare some scallops. I love scallops. They're meaty, sweet and delicious (however, they can be a little pricey). I could have asked my fishmonger to prepare them for me but I was feeling adventurous, so I decided to prepare them myself. And it wasn't difficult but you do need some power to open their shells.

Once cleaned the scallops were then shell-roasted in three different sauces: the old-school French way, with sweet tomato and basil and with ginger, soy and coriander.

before

They were all delicious but if I had to choose one, my favourite was the old-school French way with garlic, lemon zest, parsley and butter; and then the one with ginger, soy and coriander; and the basil, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and pancetta. I think my friends Merlyn and Leo would agree.

after

To accompany the scallops I also made tagliatelle with basil and almond pesto.

And then we had some leftover brownies and the banana cake. I hope all of yous had a great weekend.

Day 245 , Recipe 116

No comments:

Post a Comment