Saturday 14 August 2010

Grilled pork loin with tomato and black olives salsa

About three years ago, I was introduced to Long Island Iced Tea for the first time. The drink may look like your regular iced tea, but let me warn you, don't be fooled. The iced tea, if you don't already know, is a mixture of vodka, gin, tequila, rum, triple sec and a splash of cola.

My friend made a big jug of the iced tea, I had my first glass and that was the only thing I can recall about that night. The next morning, I woke up on my bed (not sure how I got there) with the worst headache, felt miserable all day and that was the day when I vowed not to drink Long Island Iced Tea ever again...

Last night, the promise was broken... and I just knew I asked for trouble.

This morning I was feeling rather fine and didn't have the pain I was expecting. OK, there was a little pain, but nothing major... I spent the morning recovering by doing some necessary house chores and then it was time for lunch and I craved for grilled pork chops which was weird. I normally go for carbs to absorb all the excesses.

I went to the supermarket and there was no pork chops (typical!) and I couldn't be bothered to go to the butcher. I bought pork loin steak instead and all the necessary ingredients to make grilled pork loin with tomato and black olives salsa.

I started by preparing the salsa by de seeding and chopping some tomatoes, onion, black olives, lime juice, coriander leaves, a few dashes of Tabasco (to wake me up) and a touch of olive oil. Give everything a mix in a bowl, adjust the seasoning and I let it sit in a fridge whilst I grill the pork loin.

Serve the salsa on top of the grilled pork. Delish! What I really like about salsa is, it has the advantage of being a salad, sauce and relish at the same time and the flavour is wonderful. Just what I needed.


Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This looks and sounds delicious. I hope you had a great day and enjoyed the events that came before it and caused your headache. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete