Friday 4 February 2011

Oat, Strawberry and Milk Blondies

I recently discovered a new love for blondies and one ingredient I'm addicted in particular is sweetened condensed milk. A new wonderful blogger friend of mine, Angela from The Good Soup posted a blondies recipe that really celebrates the over the top sweetness fudgy milk taste of dulce de leche, and of course, I must give the recipe a try (one very valid excuse to open that jar of dulce the leche).

Angela adapted Nigella's blondies recipes and put her own twist to it.  She replaces the chocolate with strawberries that have been macerated in balsamic vinegar (or use lemon juice) and sugar which work really well. I brought the blondies to the office and they were a great success, so delicious.


If you want to make these delicious oat, strawberry and milk blondies, you can check the recipe here.

Angela also very kindly presented me with the Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you so very much!! You made my day.


One of the rules when accepting the award is I must tell yous 7 things about myself, and they are:

  1. I am obsessed with having the perfect teeth. I take a good care of my teeth to avoid going to the dentist. My friends say that I have "nice, big, American teeth" which I believe is a compliment. I recently had problems with my wisdom tooth and I don't know why we need extra teeth... The 28 I currently have work just fine. I asked my dentist for a pill to stop my wisdom teeth from growing and apparently no such thing exists... 
  2. I used to weigh 90 kg / 198 pounds until when I was fifteen. I then went through a diet of no bread, no rice, no pasta, no potatoes, no crackers, no crisps, no sodas, no eating anything after 7 pm, and routine exercise (in the morning, at school and after) for one and a half year and I lost 30 kg / 66 pounds. It was difficult but I felt much happier and definitely healthier after losing all that weight. I eat anything I want now and I exercise regularly.
  3. One time when I was in junior high, during an art class I asked my friend, "how many legs does a chicken have?" My friend gave me the weirdest look... and why wouldn't he. I left my brain at home that day. In case if you're wondering, yes, I know a normal chicken has 2 legs, not 4. They are located on the right and left side of its body, not front and back.
  4. Do not let me drink long island iced tea. (4.5 I cannot say no to long island iced teas).
  5. I come from a large family. I have 18 aunts, 17 uncles and probably just over 50 cousins (I can't remember how many nieces or nephews I have). Family gathering can be a scary thing. In my own family, I have two younger sisters who I love to bits and I try to set a good example for them.
  6. My current most played song on iTunes is "Dog Days are Over" by Florence + the Machine.
  7. The very first thing I learned how to bake is snickerdoodle cookies.
Another rule is I must pass the award to other bloggers which I will do, but not now because I have another awards to showcase and I'll pass them all at the same time.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the award, Michael. Well deserved.
    Loved reading all the cute stuff about you...so funny!
    Also love the blondies, so yummy. Clicked over to Angela's blog for the recipe, and when I was ready to leave a comment, could not even type in my address, it kept clicking back to the comment section. Will try again, later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recipe and fun to know more about you you sound like fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on the award Michael. Very well deserved. And those blondies look very good. I love the combination of ingredients. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about you. That's the best thing about the award system. It allows us to get peeks at our favorite bloggers' "real" lives. Those blondies sound delicious. It looks like there is a wonderful layer of strawberries throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, huge family you have!!! You guys must have the most fun family gatherings.

    These blondies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for blondies! They are so good! I like them better then brownies. And I never knew you were so obsessed with your teeth. Me too! I have to brush 10 times a day. Slight ocd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Michael

    congratulations on your award, and thanks for sharing some info about yourself, its always nice to learn about our online friends.
    your blondies sound oh so delicious, the oats and strawberries are such nice additions!
    hope your weekend is going well
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your award Michael, very well deserved. And the blondies do look delightful :)
    Love learning more about you...the long island ice tea is too funny.
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am exactly just like you in 1, 2, 4, 5, 6. We must be brothers or some sort. Hahaha.
    Berry and oats are like heavenly sunshine combination!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael, you totally deserve the award, you stylish blogger you! Thanks for sharing bits of your interesting self with us. I find your obsession with perfect teeth fascinating because my sister's exactly the same way! As for losing all that weight, I think you're awesome for sticking with the programme. I'd like to lose 30kg (ok, maybe 10) tomorrow so I can continue baking and eating my desserts without guilt... Like these marvelous blondies, for example.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never had a blondie. Will put this on my "to bake" list. I heard they taste like a chocolate chip cookie. haha. Your blondies with strawberries in them sound really good! Congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love blondies...and yours sound wonderful!
    Congratulations on the award..you are so deserving of it! And of course, thanks for sharing.. it's good to know that I could get you to do my evil bidding with just a long island ice tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I have a can of sweetened condensed milk in my pantry that I don't know what to do with. I am thinking blondies! Congrats on your weight loss (and the award)! Snickerdoodles are one of my favorite cookies! Great place to start.

    ReplyDelete